sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I found my Contacts info missing , empty folder. How did that

Customer Question

I found my Contacts info missing , empty folder. How did that happen ?
Don Trout
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Email Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I had an E-mail scam occur about a month ago, when it seems someone accessed my contacts and send an implausible situation i was in and asked for money to be sent to an address to help me out. I ignored the action.
JA: Got it. The Email Technician will be able to help you. Is there anything else important you think the Email Technician should know?
Customer: Not that i can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 8 months ago.
Which email service provider do you use, like Gmail etc. ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
AOL
Sometimes, the AOL Desktop Software can have problems retrieving your Address Book. Verify whether your Address Book is accessible on AOL WebMail.Sign on to AOL WebMail by visiting http://webmail.aol.com.On the left panel, click the Contacts tab and check whether you are able to see your contacts.Reply me back.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
On the AOL Website the "Contacts" tab says the Contact Book is empty. Don Trout
Thanks for the information. Now, open the link below and follow the steps from the solution "Reset your Address State" , one by one and let me know, what happens. https://help.aol.com/articles/address-Book-is-missing
Reply me back, if you have already tried those steps.