James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My address book is missing.JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

My address book is missing.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Email Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The groups are still there, but all of the contacts are gone.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Email Technician should know?
Customer: Two things. 1) About a week ago I upgraded to Windows 10. 2) Yesterdauy somebody hacked into my aol account and sent emails to my contact list about a document they should download in Dropbox. I don't use Dropbox.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  jinsmn replied 7 months ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.RegardsJins
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've already paid $5 and got nothing, so far. I'm not about to pay another $32 just to perhaps be told I have to pay still more. Not happy with this response.
Expert:  jinsmn replied 7 months ago.
Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.Actually Remote support is a paid service. Anyway I will connect to your system and will check the issue. You only need to pay, if I fix the problem. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Forget it. I feel like I've been taken.
Expert:  jinsmn replied 7 months ago.
Okay, then please try the following yourself: Sign on to AOL WebMail by visiting http://webmail.aol.com.On the left panel, click the Contacts tab and check whether you are able to see your contacts.Let me know the result. RegardsJins