Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert

I have a new 6SPlus iPhone. have just updated a system

Customer Question

I have a new 6SPlus iPhone. have just updated a system The message Update Competed Your iPhone was updated successfully. There are just a few more steps to follow and then you're done. I continue and then it asks me "to finish setting up iCloud, and enter the Apple ID password ***** my email address. When I enter the password ***** takes a while and then comes up with the message "Verification Failed. There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server. It won't "Skip this step" nor respond to "Forgot Password". Can you help me get the phone running again?
Category: Email
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi Beryl,In Settings go to your App & iTunes preferences (even if you're just trying to use iCloud).Click on your Apple ID at the top.A popup will allow you to sign out, do that.Sign back in. Let me know if this works for you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Problem is the screen has frozen and I can't get out of the request for the Apple ID password
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been able to fix the problem myself. Please cancel my paypal payment.