James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Have problem with Mail in my iMac:- Have two mail accounts

Customer Question

Have problem with Mail in my iMac:-
Have two mail accounts for my wife (*****@******.***) and myself (*****@******.***)
When I send an email under my a/c, the email goes out under my name and then I also receive the same email back into an "All Mail (Marcia's mail)" box showing as sent by my wife Marcia. The person receiving my email tells me that it is received by them as from***@******.***. What do I need to do to correct this problem??
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 9 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur? Was there any change recently to your computer or to your email that may have caused this issue?Are you able to send emails from her gmail account fine?Do you use the Mail stamp app icon? Or do you use another email application?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Issue occurred only recently - last month
No changes made to cause this issue
Yes can send emails from her account
Mail stamp icon
Not now - can you advise any fix to problem
If you reply to an email message (not sending a new message) in your gmail account, does it send fine or not?
- You likely need to check / edit the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings in Preferences in Mail app, and make sure to have each item for each gmail address and each item should have its own gmail address.- With remote support, it's easier and quicker for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you while you are watching. I can show you directly anything you need. And we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/Please let me know. Thank you,
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,