flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.

I can not access my gmail account. It has been compromised

Customer Question

I can not access my gmail account. It has been compromised and i am unable to gain access to my account again.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When you go through the google / gmail account recovery process and enter your cell phone number, and continue, then what happens? Is there any error or message?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is saying that my information does not match for my gmail username
Can you please let me know your gmail address?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry. It looks like you did not put your cell phone number on your gmail account previously. I don't have any suggestion, but let me open the issue to other experts. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my cell must be on there as i can type in my cell no and then gmail comes up with my account name
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 5 months ago.
do you remember any of the passwords for it from the past ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Dear *****, i do remember my password ***** at this stage i am not sure i should accept your $20 offer. Until date just answer has not gotten me 1 inch closer to getting back into my account. If you get me into my account i will pay the $20, but not sure i will until then. Please advise...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Robert i have till date not received and answer from you. I need access to my gmail account. I have paid the initial $50 or so but no one is helping me resolve my issue at hand. Please can you reply urgently.
You will need some way to prove that it is your account. Usually that means knowing an earlier password ***** having access to an alternative email or cell phone that was previously set up on the accountIf you can't do at least one of those it is unlikely that you can get it back