James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have a real problem with one email account.

Customer Question

I have a real problem with one email account. I could receive emails OK but then could not send any, It would just hang up at smpt.xxxxxx. I think it was a password ***** but I could not change it. I finally deleted the whole thing thinking I could start fresh with a known password ***** it wont let me set it up. End of my wits, HELP
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is your email password ***** working at the windstream.net website?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
What's the error or message when setting up your winstream.net email account?When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm running windows 10. Using the windstream website I can receive and send, no problem. The problem is with Mozilla setup and I think it has to do with a password. I use the windstream password ***** it does not accept it. This is the very first response I get from you in plain english, not some computer gibberish and an actual place to respond. I also sent a screenshot but you probably did not see that either
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have resolved the issue by myself, kept trying while waiting for an answer. Please refund money. Thank you
I'm sorry. I sent you a response on the 4th of May, but somehow you did not get it. But I'm glad you got it working now. Unless you need help with anything else, this is being cancelled. If you have any other computer issue, please let me know any time; we guarantee our service. Thank you for the update.