Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

Last week when I was on my computer I was blocked. Someone

Customer Question

Last week when I was on my computer I was blocked. Someone with and Indian accent told me that my computer had been hacked. He talked at length, and then told me that I could take the computer to the MicroSoft store and have the problem taken care of for $270.00 to $300.00 and it would take several days. OR, they could take care of it on line and it would take only 3-4 hours, also at a cost of $270.00 to $300.00. I told him I could not afford it, and would have to discuss it with my son. The next day when I signed on the block was not longer there. WAS THIS A SCAM???????
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Did you get that popup message / block when you were using the Internet? But yes, that was certainly a scam. No legitimate support company would ever display any popup message nor email nor call you without your permission first. Please always ignore any message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting. You should never follow any instructions from anyone or from any message that you do not know or that you are not expecting.Is there currently any issue with your computer? And/or do you have any further question?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,