sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

Lost my emails from the folders need help to restore please

Customer Question

JA: Got it. The Email Technician will be able to help you. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Helping hubby here Jolson please to see what he did
JA: Is there anything else the Email Technician should be aware of?
Customer: He deleted everything from important folder
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Waiting for support
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 7 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How would you do that
I will connect to the computer remotely to investigate this, and if the folders are there (restore them). For this, i will need to send you a request for remote service. Let me know when you're ready.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay as long as there are no extra charges
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am chatting with you from my iPad hubby had computer on
There will be an extra charge for this, since it will be a remote service. BUT if you dont want to pay extra then we'll have to continue here which can be difficult for you to follow instructions to diagnose where the folders went.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't want to pay extra
In that case, we will have to continue here. I need to know where the emails were, which email application was being used and who the email provider was?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If you can help me here fair and good if not let me know I will call Gmail for help, $5 is all I can afford
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Gmail is the provider
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are u there
which email application was being used ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Gmail
How was he accessing Gmail (via webmail) or via an email application?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
On iphone
So the folders are lost from his iPhone? If he goes to www.gmail.com on his computer and signs in there, does he sees the folders?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The folders on the computer are there but the files are gone in each folder unfortunately
I will have to opt out of the issue and open it to other experts. Once an expert responds, you will be notified via email.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay bye for now I guess something to live with technology
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 7 months ago.
As the other expert had opted out, I want to share some ideas with you first, check the Trash folder of Gmail from your PC, sometimes the deleted emails will be in the Trash, unless they are deleted from the Trash manually. Then, if you do not see the emails in the Trash folder then, click on the "ALL Mails" and look for the deleted emails. If that fails then, you can follow the steps from the link below to restore the deleted emails. Move deleted mail out of TrashSign in to Gmail.Along the left side of any Gmail page, click Trash.Note: If you don't see Trash along the left side of your Gmail page, go to Settings > Labels, then click show next to the Trash label.Find the message you'd like to recover, then check the box next to the sender's name.At the top, click the Move to icon .Click Inbox. Let me know, if you need any help otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort. https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails?rd=1