Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

Windows 10 was recently installed on my computer (I mostly

Customer Question

Windows 10 was recently installed on my computer (I mostly like it) but my Gmail is all confused. (I guess it is me that is confused, but I sure do need help) This new everything is asking for passwords here and passwords there, but they cannot b the same because of something. I have nothing all that private on this computer except my banking and that does have its own password. Anyhow, I am trying to set up this darned account and they say that I can't because my email address already belongs to someone else. What can I do? Also, I know that there is something I can do to stop the built in mouse from causing all sorts of problems (it leaves its nasty tracks on everything I try to type) Whenever my thumbs hit that built in mouse, everything bounces around and leaves letters ( or words if I am not watching). I am in love with my wireless mouse and don't want to stop using it because I just cannot get that built in one to work --- --- lazy thing!!
Any how, I sure would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks so much.
Beverly Benson
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Hi there and welcome BeverlyIf they are saying the email address already belongs to someone, then it means your trying to create a new account, rather then trying to sign into your existing one.Go to and choose to Sign in, not create an account, and then use your Gmail email address you already have, and your password. For the built in mouse, you can disable this, and to do this, click on the windows logo button bottom left then Settings->Devices->Mouse & touchpad and you can disable it there. I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know please how you go.