James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Email hacked. I was still able to get in when they sent me

Customer Question

email hacked. I was still able to get in when they sent me a code to my cell phone but now I cannot get in at all.
JA: Got it. The Email Technician will be able to help you. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2 weeks ago I got 4 messages from yahoo saying someone is trying to access your account. I changed my password. about 10 days ago when trying to log in it said we don't recognize where your logging in from, big red flag as ive always only logged in from my home so I changed my password ***** the other day while trying to log out, after hitting "log out" I got a message that said "looks like you changed your account. Then I started getting locked out and only able to log in with code sent to me. I reluctantly deleted everything in my email and got a message today from yahoo that said "you have used our recovery process" which I didn't. now when I log in I cannot get in at all.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Email Technician should know?
Customer: not that I can think of now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the problem or locked Yahoo mail account so that I can check your recovery information?Also, are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess