Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I keep getting messages on my ipad about updating to cloud

Customer Question

I keep getting messages on my ipad about updating to cloud 9. I don't want this. I am 88 and use the device for e-mails, facebook,games etc. so it's not necessary. This morning I pressed the wrong button and the process went ahead. I entered my landline phone number, then received 4 calls from Apple all with different verification numbers. I tried again and now have 6 numbers and a message saying there are too many numbers for the phone. I also tried with my mobile number.
Could you please cancel the whole thing. I would dearly love to speak to a person about it.
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your ipad.What is the problem you are facing with the I-cloud update?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already explained. I DO NOT WANT THE UPDATE. I pressed the wrong window. I am 88 and use my ipad for e-mails, facebook', games, the newspaper etc. only, so it's not necessary. I entered my phone number and had 4 calls from Apple with 4 verification numbers, had a response that there were too many numbers so tried my mobile and got the same response.
COULD YOU PLEASE CANCEL THE WHOLE PROCESS. I resent having to pay $6. Had I not received all the calls I would have gone ahead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see I'll have to pay a further $55. I resent that also.
If you can tell me the problem you are facing after running the update i will be able to help you solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't add any more to the above. I see my Westpac account has already been debited with $70 so I would like the problem solved ASAP please.
you might be getting offers for additional service if you do not wish to opt for please do close the offer and you will not be asked again.
Tell me the problem you are facing after running the update i will be able to help you solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Either the problem is solved, or a credit given otherwise I must contact the Fair Trading Association.
I am sorry sir but i am asking you again that after you got the icloud updates what is the problem you are facing?Are you able to use the ipad fine and if not let me know the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps I should close the offer. Will my account be credited with $70? I am a pensioner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't use the ipad.
you cannot use the ipad what is the issue you are facing please explain a bit more in detail i assure you i will fix the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't received the icloud updates and I can't use the ipad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the problem. I would like the whole updating process cancelled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please call me on 02-98692800.
turn off the ipad by keeping the power button pressed for few secsonce its off wait for a minute and then turn it back onlet me know if the ipad comes to home screen or shows the icloud update process
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that several times and the icloud kept coming back. I have a lunch date at 12. Will be back about 1. Thank you for your help so far.
not a probem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle, my daughter found a phone number for Apple, and the problem is now solved. Thank you. Will there be any adjustment to the money?
you can contact customer care for billing related issue.