Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

My sister has a an iphone 4s, and wants to forward some texts

Customer Question

my sister has a an iphone 4s, and wants to forward some texts to her email at sbcglobal.net. I can do that on my iphone because Gmail shows up on my phone after I click the forward icon. But her iphone doesn't have sbcglobal.net on it. Is it necessary to add sbcglobal.net or is there some other way to forward the texts? If it is necessary and you can do it, or show me how, that would be great.
Thank you,
Molly
Category: Email
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 7 months ago.
She can add her sbcglobal.net account as an email account on her iPhone.Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Then tap Add Account. Choose other.Enter email address and password.Incoming Server(host name): imap.mail.yahoo.com​User name: full email address (for example,***@******.***: the password ***** use to log in to the sbcglobal email account.Incoming Port: 993 (requires SSL)Outgoing Server(host name): smtp.mail.yahoo.comOutgoing Port: 465 (requires SSL/TLS)User name: full email address (for example,***@******.***: the password ***** use to log in to the sbcglobal email account.