Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

HAVE IMAC 2008 HOW DO I TURN ON FIRE WIRE ?

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.
Hi Ron! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.Your computer's Firewire ports needn't be turned on; they are designed to be active at all times the computer is itself powered on. If you are having trouble with the ports, try this:Shut down the computer.Unplug the computer's power cord.Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.Release the power button.Attach the computer's power cable.Press the power button to turn on the computer.If you're still experiencing problems, we can try to reset the PRAM:Shut down your Mac.Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. Turn on your Mac.Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.Release the keys.Finally, if all else fails, we can try to reset the SMC:Press Command-Option-Escape to force quit any application that is not responding.Put your Mac to sleep by choosing Sleep from the Apple menu. Wake the computer after it has gone to sleep.Restart your Mac by choosing Restart from the Apple menu.Shut down your Mac by choosing Shut Down from the Apple menu.If your Mac isn't responding, force the Mac to shut down by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. You'll lose any unsaved work in any open applications.Please give the above a try, and post back here to let us know how it goes!