Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a new iPhone 5s. Am unable to connect gmail to my phone

Customer Question

I have a new iPhone 5s. Am unable to connect gmail to my phone because you keep sending "codes" to my old, as in no longer have, cell phone number. I am no longer at "32". I am at "34" as my one and only number. Can you please change the number and send me the code I need. Can you also tell me how to disconnect the 2-step verification??? I have tried your recovery over and over but it doesn't work because you send codes to the WRONG phone number!
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Kay and welcomeUntil you sign back into your account, nothing can be changed, else it would bypass all the security.If you go to www.gmail.com on your computer and try to sign in, whats the exact message you get?