flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.

Can someone please tell me what or why my adv was flagged ?

Customer Question

Can someone please tell me what or why my adv was flagged for removal? After repeated attempts via the web, no valid response or useful reply.
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 6 months ago.

Please disregard this message.

Expert:  Stason Slappy replied 6 months ago.

Good Evening Gary my name is Stason,

I am not sure how strict craigslist is in Minneapolis, but is looks like you are posting in the wrong county. Your map on the left says Shakopee which is in Scott county if I am not mistaken, but you are posting in Carver, Sherburne, Wright. You might want to try posting under Dakota, Scott which is abbreviated DAK on craigslist. Other than that I do not really see anything wrong with the post.

Actually I just saw that the post says Chaska, that is in the correct county. Let me look at it again.

A couple of things. One, I am assuming you are posting this from your house. If you are out of town and trying to post it might be flagging it based on an out of area IP address. The second thing is apparently the CL system recently started flagging "lists of stuff" in a post. If you were to rewrite the post so it was not in a list of features it will probably be ok.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tx's for the info. Magically it started to work without issues. Can I assume that is a one time fee, not a monthly setup?

It does not look like you signed up or a membership. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I guess you didn't read my previous answer either. Tks
Take care.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 6 months ago.

Did you get a notice from Craigslist saying it was removed?

What that looks like is somebody reported it to Craigslist rather than CL itself removing it. You can't tell why that was done but it can range from someone thinking you are selling something that was stolen from them to hitting the wrong button or they want to buy it next week when they have the money and don't want you selling it before then to having an aversion to boats.

In other words it will sit there and somebody from CL will look at it and see nothing wrong and will not remove it. Though it is possible they forgot to remove the tag saying it would be removed

I believe I know what is wrong

You have no way to contact you listed in the ad

It probably annoyed someone and they reported it hoping that CL would get them your contact information

I suspect that if you put that in or relist it with a phone number you will get some interest