Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My apple TV will not work . I've tried to power off, no help

Customer Question

My apple TV will not work . I've tried to power off, no help the lite only flashes. It worked prior for months. Whay is wrong.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Do you know what version of apple TV you have, if neccessary look on the back or bottom for a model number? To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It,s a Dell Inspiron with window 10 .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What do you want to do next/
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Did you check the apple tv, and try to find the model tag?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The model is A1427
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Lets try this.. Unplug the apple TV for five minutes. Then, plug it back i n.. And then, press and hold the Menu and Down keys for at least 6 seconds until the white light on the ATV rapidly blinks. Let go of the buttons and the device will restart. Whether or not this fixes the issue, let me know what happens! I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It will only display appletv reboat.. No lite are lite
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
So it is displaying something on screen.. it says its rebooting? Or, did you mean something else.. Please try to be as clear as possible in your replies, thank you! Dustin S.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, it has rebooted and still don't work.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Is nothing at all showing on screen? Do any of the lights flash? Also, I may need to connect to your windows computer, so I can have you connect the Apple TV to the windows computer so we can update the software and try to restore your applle tv. Would you like to try that option, a secure remote connection?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dustin,
The session on the phone was a complete bust. Nothing you suggested work to correctmy problem. I was disconnected from the support and tried to log again to supportsite, but could no unless I could furnish a s/n on the unit. Model was hard enoughto read but the s/n was completely worn off from sliding across the TV.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
You and I never spoke over the phone, Im not sure who you spoke to over the phone but it definitely wasnt me. Did you still need help with this issue?