Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Pandora Tehc:Persistent "access error" and failure to connec

Customer Question

Pandora Tehc:
Persistent "access error" and failure to connect to Pandora with my home stereo receiver.
I have a Yamaha RX-A1010 receiver that I have used since 2012 to receive Pandora. It has worked fine till about a year ago, when it began cutting out after each song. What happens is that the song finishes, and the display screen on my TV shows the Pandora menu, but with none of my stations listed with the initial message flashed of "no content".
If I push the button on my remote that reinitializes the Pandora page, my unique list of Pandora stations will usually briefly flash on, but then the Pandora list disappears, and I get the error message "access error".
This can go on several times, until for some reason, the menu remains, and Pandora resumes playing. This has been slowly getting worse, so that now this happens after nearly every song, and I have to re-start Pandora several times to get it to play, and lately even this has failed to work.
What is the connection problem? It seems odd that it is intermittent as I just described.
Jim
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Have you manually downloaded and installed the firmware update for your device? If not, thats where you should start.. Go to this page http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&asset_id=65894&category_id=16622&product_id=1551298&1461520094 And follow the steps to check your firmware version, and then if you arent running the current version then download the firmware to your computer, and then follow the installation instructions where it says""Related DownloadYou also need to download these files."" Once you have downloaded and installed the firmware upgrade.. test pandora again.. Is it working correctly now? I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.