GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds

My wife is entering events into a shared icloud calendar, but

Customer Question

My wife is entering events into a shared icloud calendar, but it is not showing up on my calendar that I view through Google email. Can I make that calendar viewable there?
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phone, and tablets. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. There are a number of things could potentially cause this. Does your by any chance use an Outlook calendar as well, or use Outlook at all? What version of the Apple OS does she have on her MAC and on her iphone? Lastly, how are you accessing your google email? On a phone, computer, or tablet, and do you go straight to the gmail website or do you use a third party app or the Gmail/Google app for phones? I will do my best to help you troubleshoot this, but I will need as much information as possible. Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My wife has entered events onto her icloud calendar on her iphone. That is because I was not able to see her events when she did it on her iphone calendar. When she used the iphone calendar I could see the events on my imac (OSX). I see my calendar when I go to my gmail and access that calendar. This has worked well with seeing my personal calendar, my work calendar, and my wifes iphone calendar. But, on my iphone I could not see her calendar and events, but when she switched to the icloud calendar I can see hers on my iphone.Now I would like to access the icloud calendar that we share, on my imac. Is that too confusing?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Not at all. Here's what your wife needs to do on her end, if she hasn't already done it. Launch the Calendar app on your iPhone or iPad.Tap on the Calendars button in the bottom navigation.Tap on the Info button next to the calendar you'd like to share.Tap on the Add Person... option under the Shared With section.Add the people you'd like to share the calendar with and tap Add.Tap Done in the upper right hand cornerThe calendar will now be shared with everyone who's iCloud account you've added. They'll simply receive a calendar notification asking them to accept your invite. Once they do they'll be able to view events and edit them. Remember, calendar sharing currently only works with iCloud calendars. Both you, and the person you want to share the calendar with, have to be using iCloud.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
If this helps, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!