GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

Yesterday I must have inadvertently switched something on my

Customer Question

Yesterday I must have inadvertently switched something on my AOL email on my iPhone. I can now only see emails starting yesterday on both my iPad and IPhone. How can I see ALL my previous as well as my new emails? Thank you-Kathie
JA: Got it. The Email Technician will be able to help you. Is there anything else important you think the Email Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. May I ask, how do you access your AOL mail on the iPhone and iPad? Did you download the AOL app or doyou uuse the mail app built in to the Apple devices?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It has been there forever. If is not an app. So must be built into Apple
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Does the icon look like a blue square with a white envelope in the middle? Can you go to SETTINGS>GENERAL>ABOUT and look for the verison # ***** both the iPad and the iPhone please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
IPhone 6S: 9.3.1 (13E238)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
I'm here. please be patient. Sometimes it takes a moment for the messages to come through. Great! That means you are on the latest version. Give me just a moment to type up instructions for checking your email settings.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Just to be clear, if you sign in on your computer to look at your AOL mail, is it all there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not at my home computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Ok, I'm sorry. We need to sign-in to your AOL account to make sure that th eproblem is not on on the AOL server end. Can you contact me again when you are able to check your email on a computer?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
The only other alternative I can suggest without checking that first. is going to the app store and downloading the AOL app and checking your email from it.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hello, have you had a chance to see if you can view the older emails on your computer? If you're traveling and still not able to check that, I can give you a call and try to check for you If the emails are there, then we need to look at the settings on your iphone. If they aren't there, then we need to check the deleted/trash folders, and if they aren't there, then we need to contact AOL to try to have them restored. You can go here to for detailed instructions on what to if you can't view old emails in AOL.If the information that I have provided has helped, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
.