Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

I need to go back to my original password ********@******.***

Customer Question

I need to go back to my original password ********@******.*** how do I precede
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dana, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.Are you still able to access this Gmail account?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back with that confirmation. You requested for a Secure Remote Assistance session but there was an error when I tried to accept your request.Please correct the error from your end, you might need to call your bank since they might have blocked your transaction.I will just standby here waiting for your reply.Thank you.Jess
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 7 months ago.
You will not be able to change it back to the original password. google does not let you re use passwords.You can change it to a new password.
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.
Hi, If you are able to still access your account then you can change the password ***** Gmail. Click here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjq2K7_4aLMAhWJMSYKHY4xBQAQ0EMIHw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsettings%2Fpasswordchange%3Futm_source%3Dob%26utm_campaign%3Dpassword%26hl%3Den&usg=AFQjCNHCDBBCBxqhMDa_fShawRGLQzt8iA&sig2=Pw-AOmhR2KKlnp_ZdgSUtQ&bvm=bv.119745492,d.eWE Sign into your account if prompted and reset your password.
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.
I know there's a lot of us chiming in here, but I felt I could add to the conversation. Google stores your last 100 passwords used. As such, if you really, really, really want to go back to your old password, you can change your password ***** times...afterward, you will be allowed to change it back to what it formerly was. As an alternative -- and if it would be acceptable to you to use a password ***** is not *quite* the same -- you could use your old password, but change or add a single character. For instance, "password" could become "Password" or "[email protected]:Regretfully, you will otherwise be unable to use your old password. :-(
Hi! I just wanted to check back in and make sure we had addressed your question? Would you please let me know when you can? I look forward to hearing from you!