James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I have used a hotmail account , almost since it started.

Customer Question

I have used a hotmail account for years, almost since it started. While I use Chrome for everything else and gmail occasionally, so many old friends have only that hotmail address that it is still my primary email account. Late last weekend, I began getting error messages saying that my email wasn't secure and I wouldn't be allowed to access it. I was expecting something important for my tax return and got desperate enough to try to override it, but could not, even with your go-anyway link. Because it was my hotmail account, not my gmail account, I contacted your microsoft counterpart. Long story short, after four attempts, they haven't been able to help. Then, almost magically, I got there through Chrome on Monday and have been doing so since. But today, it's back to the same error message. And, as I said, Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to help, even going through Edge. Is there anything you can do?
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 6 months ago.
Hello Marcy and welcome.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.Would you like me to connect with you and fix the problem remotely, that way we can avoid causing any additional problems?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin