Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

I have a yahoo account I deleted at least 2 years

Customer Question

***** *****. I have a yahoo account I deleted at least 2 years ago. Is that email permanently deleted, even if someone tries to unlock it with the back up email? How do make sure no one gets in?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well basically, I stopped using an email at yahoo because it was old and wasn't working for me. Plus I started at a business and it's just easier they Microsoft. As to wanting to know its permanently deleted, I just don't want emails I had sent or recovered kept. There's nothing more to it but it's just something an IT guy brought up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tech Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.
Hi, If the account was deleted 2 years ago then it has been purged from their system and it cannot be recovered or reactivated. Since Yahoo does not recycle email addresses, it is not possible to register that email address ever again. If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.
I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.