Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I had Windows Live 2011 on another computer. I would

Customer Question

I had Windows Live 2011 for years on another computer. I would be interested in downloading it to my Vista, since I like this program very much. Could you please advise how could I do the download?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Please click on the Microsoft website below:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/essentials, then there, you can download and install the Windows Essentials software, which contains the Windows Live Mail program in it.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Hi Elemer. Viet's instructions would be absolutely correct if you had Windows 7, 8/8.1 or 10, but unfortunately, Windows Live Essentials 2011 is no longer available to download for Windows Vista.You can verify this for yourself by clicking on the link below at the Microsoft website. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/essentials-2011I realize that this isn't the answer that you were hoping for, but it is an honest answer. If this information has been helpful, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Hi,Please ignore the last reply. Even though Microsoft does not let you download the old Windows Live Mail version 2011 any more, they have provided the latest Windows Essentials / Windows Live Mail version 2012, which is compatible with Windows Vista. I have tested it on my Windows Vista computer and it is working fine. Windows Live Mail program version 2011 and 2012 are similar to use.- So if you have not tried my suggestion in my first reply, please click on the Microsoft website below to download and install Windows Essentials / Windows Live Mail software:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/essentials, then there, you can download and install the Windows Essentials software, which contains the Windows Live Mail program in it.- If you have any trouble downloading / installing the Windows Essentials program or if you have trouble using the Windows Live Mail program, please let me know any error or message.When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.