Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I was hacked this morning. I'm running secutity checks. I

Customer Question

I was hacked this morning. I'm running secutity checks. I was blocked and unblocked by outlook. Can I talk to someone to find out what to do next so it doesn't happen again and how to notify my contacts?
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. When you were able to sign back into your outlook /hotmail email account. Were your contacts still there? Is any mail missing? Also, if you havent done so already verify all your security information. You want to make sure that no new or strange email addresses, or phone numbers were added as backdoors to your email account. If you are signed into your outlook account now, this link should take you to the security page where you can verify your phone number and backup email address are actually yours, and correct. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=258134 Lets do that first, and go from there.. Dustin S.