James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I received a message a week and one half ago that it appeared

Customer Question

I received a message a week and one half ago that it appeared that my e-mail had been hacked. In my send box were hundreds of notifications to e-mail users from Yahoo.com that they had exceeded their storage capacity. I deleted all of those messages and reduced the size of my in box, but I have not received a single e-mail since 4/5/2016. My e-mail is***@******.*** and the password ***** changed when I got the notification. I would like to continue to use the e-mail that I have had for probably 15 years. What can be done?
Keith Burke
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeDo you access your Yahoo account via your web browser? Or via a program such as outlook 2010? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard