GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds

I can't seem to geta newpassword ***** facebook

Customer Question

i can't seem to geta newpassword ***** facebook
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Hi Georgia. My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I will provide step by step detailed instructions to help you reset your password.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
If you can't log into Facebook and need to reset your password:1. Go to the Facebook login screen at www.facebook.com2. In the top right, click Forgot your password?3. Type the email, phone number, full name or username associated with your account, then click on Search and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password. If you are able to provide the requested information, you will be sent a link or a code to use for resetting your password ***** by email or by text message.4. If you can’t remember the email, phone number, or username for the account, and can’t find it on the Find Your Account page, here are some suggestions that may help:§ Ask one of your Facebook friends to look at the About section of your profile and send you the email address listed in the Contact Information section.§ Try entering every email address or mobile number you've owned (one at a time). You may have added an email address or mobile number to your account and forgotten about it.§ Enter your username. Your username is ***** ***** Facebook URL:<v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75"
coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe"
filled="f" stroked="f">
<v:shape id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75"
<v:imagedata src="file:///C:/Users/ALISON~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png"
If you don't know your username, ask a friend to go to your profile and send you the username in the URL.§ Try entering variations of your name, just in case you signed up using a nickname.§ If you're asked to enter a friend's name, try a variety of friends if the first friend you try doesn't locate an account. Remember to enter your friend's full name, not just their first name.Facebook, unfortunately does not provide direct phone support or live tech support. If these instructions do not help you will need to go the Facebook Help Center at and search for help with your particular problem Luckily, when all else fails, you can regain access to your account by providing proper id and uploading it to them so they can verify your identity.Here's a link to the types of id that are acceptable here's a link to a page that tells you how to upload them: Once you have regained access I recommend that you immediately update your password, your phone #, and your email address so you can more easily regain access in future if your account is hacked or your password ***** ***** Additionally you can set up "Trusted Friends" who can help you regain access to your account. Here's a link to information about Trusted Friends:
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
If you'd like, I can offer the PREMIUM SERVICE of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. This will allow me to see exactly what is happening on your laptop and to work on the problem while you watch. This is completely optional. If you do not choose to take this service, I will walk you through a solution step by step here. If the information that I have provided helps you to resolve the situation, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!