James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

My computer went belly up and I did a recover to get it back

Customer Question

My computer went belly up and I did a recover to get it back to "normal". It saved all my files but deleted many of my apps. One that it deleted was mozilla and my thunderbird e-mail account. I have tried to recover my e-mail account but it wants me to remember my password (I set it up three years ago and had my computer remember it) and I don't remember it. I could set up a new account but then I would lose all my saved and current e-mails. There does not seem to be a recover or reset password ***** What can I do get thunderbird back and not lose all my e-mails (it's been down since Thursday)?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pam, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows 7, 8 or 10?Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix your issues with your emails and with your Thunderbird while you watch?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosign, you are just trying to recover your Email that correct?Assuming we can get the password ***** or recovered.......that WILL allow you to REadd the account BACK to your thunderbird..However, somethign to keep in mind.....depending on what type of email system you were may not matter if you do get the password, as POP3 email systems store the emails ON THE COMPUTER. So hopefully you were on an IMAP system..So, what was your email domain?