Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer
Experience:  Sr System Administrator at General Dynamics
92043526

Forgot my password

Customer Question

forgot my password
Category: Email
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 7 months ago.
Hello, which password ***** ***** that you forgot?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I forgot my password ***** my Yahoo email account.
OK thanks. What have you attempted so far to resolve this problem?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you have my email as $ 56 dollar is not littleI have tried the actual password ***** I thought I always had but I will not give you that, I paid for you to find it please and thank you.
I have tired yahoo forgoten password ***** I forgot my answers for the questions its been a while and my memory is not as great.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I thought I would heare from you Harold
OK I would not ask you your passwords. Did you have the password ***** to another email account or a phone number? Is the email in your real name, and is the information correct associated with your email account, such as your name, birthdate, etc? Also, is it working on any other devices, such as a cell phone or tablet.
Please let me know if you see what I stated in our chat box above.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes it is working on my cell, not sure if the informations are filled, my friend set the account form me as I am terrible.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He passed away in December unfortunatly otherwise I will not be asking for help.
OK that is great it is still working on your cell phone. Can you try to download new emails from your cell phone to make sure it is updated and verify it is still connected to Yahoo? Something such as refreshing the Inbox. I am sorry to hear that about your friend. I will do what I can to assist.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I just recieved a yahoo email telling me that they can not help me because I need to answer the security questions I remeber him asking me about them I just can not remember the answers. you can send me an email to my yahoo and I can response on I-phone.
I can not believe they do not trust us and they want us to get a new email address.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I also received my user name maybe that can help you cad_super
Ah. I believe the issue is not trust, they are just trying to figure out a way to send you the information. Since you are locked out of the one account, they are trying to get you to provide another email to send the information to.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did give them an email they go we do not have a match for it.
OK. As you are already connected into Yahoo on your phone, you can try to change the password ***** there. Have you tried to change the password ***** your phone? That may bypass the first authentication step (re-entering your old password)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not know how and I am scared to loose everything on that email as I have email between me and my friend who passed away that I really do not want to loose.
I am old remember that.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I try to change my password ***** is going to ask me for my original password *****
If it does and the one I am using will not work then I am locked out of that to.
It depends, sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. Was your cell phone linked to the Yahoo account with text messaging?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not sure to tell you the truth maybe.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Harold can you figure it out or am I waisting your time and mine.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have the app not the actual email.
I'm looking in to it as much as I can. I am trying not to waste anyone's time it is valuable for both of us. What is your cell phone number, is that how you were able to get the user name?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No they sent it to my yahoo address that I accessed on the Iphon app funny ha or at least I found it funny.
Do you still need my cell number
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I contact you, it says here that you will charge me 56/month.
I just want you to solve this, take you 56/month but I really can not keep paying 56/month.
I can verify if it is linked to the account or not with the number. I am guessing it is not since it should have already asked to send you a text to it, but this is how I can verify.
***@******.*** You can message them and say you do not want a reoccurring monthly fee.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok - but you are saying you can not get me the password.
How can I contact yahoo.Sign up
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Maybe you can help me on my app.
I am not 100% positive we can get your password, but I am attempting to get it. What is your cell phone so I can see if it is linked to the account?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(###) ###-####
OK the email unfortunately is not linked to that number. I will give you information on how to further contact yahoo.com. Also, you can state to them that you are able to access the email still from your mobile device, so they can send a authentication through the email and you can click it on the phone.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please do, but how? do you have an email to their support.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What happened you just froze my gmail account.
***@******.***, you can try calling(###) ###-#### Gmail?
When you write at the email address above, let them know your name, phone number, any recent emails you received and who they were from and what they were about. Also let them know you can still access the emails on your cell phone and you can tell them the provider of your cell phone so they can see the internet connection you are accessing it with.
Please let me know if you have any more questions. The best thing would be to write them an email with current names and emails in your email account. Also, approximately when you made it, your birthdate, full name, any other information relevant to your email and its creation and normal use. I am not sure what you mean about a gmail account, but I have not done anything with a gmail account, we have only discussed Yahoo. Please let me know if you have any further questions and I hope I was helpful to you with at least the email and phone number. As far as the reoccurring payment, please contact***@******.*** Please rate me if I was helpful!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry you did not freez my gmail I just did not relize you go to the web sit.
I am an old lady - I really had an amazing technician in my life for a short period who got me loving computers but I will never get there, thanks god to you and others but please tell them to make no do it automatic withdraw ask the person at the end of the month if they want to renew. Thank you.You did not solve my isse and I hope I can trust this site but you have nice bed manners young man and I am sure if you had enough info you would of resolved it, maybe I would of to but I will 9/10 because I feel you are good. I will rate you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where do I rate you exactly as the emails have so much writing on them.
Thank you very much. You can do the rating at the JustAnswer site, I believe it should be linked on your email. We do not work directly for Yahoo but will always try to lead you towards the right direction and attempt to resolve the issue. If there is more that can be done we are happy to do that as well. The site is accredited and the people do truly try to assist with no gimmicks or tricks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will - thank you. you are great young lad.
Thank you I am sorry about your friend's passing, and very happy for your interest in computers. You may never get to where your friend was on the machine, but I am sure they are happy knowing they have a legacy within you every time you work on the computer. Have a great evening!