James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

A Microsoft technition worked on my computor last night..today

Customer Question

A Microsoft technition worked on my computor last night..today my e-mail is all messed up. I am afraid I got duped and maybe called some number that got me to the hackers.
Category: Email
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dolores! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.It does, unfortunately, sound like you were victimized by scammers; Microsoft does not perform remote repair services for consumers. At your earliest opportunity, you will want to change your email password; that will cut off any access that a third party has to your account. (If you need assistance with that, please let me know).Oftentimes, the scammers will install viruses or malware onto your computer while they have access to it. Do you know if you have an antivirus product currently installed?Whatever the situation, we'll get you fixed up! Please let me know the above when you can, and we'll work from there.