Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Rec'ed yahoo notice that someone in Peru was trying to access

Customer Question

rec'ed yahoo notice that someone in Peru was trying to access my account, and that I should change my acct access and passwod; I was then asked for a phone number I had ELEVeN YEARS AGO!!! Now I can't get on my yahoo acct!!!!
Category: Email
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Terry! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.The email message you received purporting to be from Yahoo! was most likely a scammer. Did you input your ID and password ***** at the behest of this message? If so, the scammer took control of your account and locked you out.It *is* possible to regain access. If you haven't already, you'll want to start with the Yahoo! Password ***** available at: wizard will attempt to validate your identity using information from your account, and -- if successful -- will allow you to change your password ***** to something you know.Barring that, you can contact Yahoo! Support Services at 1-***-***-**** for assistance.
Apologies, I just tried the number I posted earlier and it no longer belongs to Yahoo. It appears Yahoo has discontinued telephone support, directing users instead to use their online tools. That being the case, your recourse will be to use the Yahoo! Password ***** I posted above.
Hi again! It's been awhile since we chatted, but I wanted to follow up and make sure that you were able to regain access to your Yahoo account? Please let me know.