Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience

I can't remember my admin password ***** my Lenovo desktop how

Customer Question

I can't remember my admin password ***** my Lenovo desktop how do I retrieve it
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.
Hi,Power off your computerStart your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. Scroll down to "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.Select the Administrator account that appear in the screen, then enter command prompt. Type: net user XXX 123456 and enter (XXX is the account name which password ***** need to reset 123456 is the new password), it will show you a message that" the command completed successfully.Restart your computer, then you can log in as XXX with the password ***** You can go to control Panel to change your account password ***** necessary.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.
I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.