Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My mac is not syncing the calendar with my phone?

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.
What calendar service are you using or are you trying to sync? Gmail? Hot mail? Or others?
Please let me know so that I can assist you further.Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm using an I phone & a Mac. My calendar is part of outlook
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. What email account are you using in your Outlook where your calendar is, is it Hotmail? Gmail? or @outlook.com?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My email is cox. net
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think the email is also Outlook
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.Can I remotely access your Mac so that I can directly check the calendar problem and fix it while you watch?Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't feel comfortable having you seculy connect. Is there another way to trouble shoot
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Yes, we can continue in this chat mode, but it will be harder for me to visualize what you really have there.Now to continue, your calendar in Mac is intact, and your phone cannot sync those calendar entries? Or is it vice versa? (Your Mac is not getting the calendar entries you have on phone)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Mac to phone is not working
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Can you capture a screenshot of your Mac calendar and attach it here?Also, in your iphone, did you enable the Calendar app for the email account that you are using in your Mac?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do you enable the calendar app.
Walk me through these steps
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Here is a link:http://www.imore.com/how-edit-calendar-defaults-alerts-and-sync-settings-iphone-and-ipadIn that page, check the part that says how to set a default calendar
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I followed the instructions and I don't have default calendars in my settings.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Ok. I believe you have not added a calendar yet.Please follow the procedures on this link to add or create a calendar to your phone:http://www.imore.com/how-to-add-delete-calendars-your-iphone-and-ipad Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It will not sync from computer to phone still
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
But were you able to add the calendar on your phone?Also, you need to ensure that you are NOT using a local calendar. That is, a calendar that is only stored on your Mac. That cannot be synced to any device. You need to use a calendar service like Hotmail, Gmail or other calendar services since your calendar will be stored on the cloud and thus other devices can sync to it.Can you please capture a screenshot of your calendar on your Mac so that I can check if it is NOT a local calendar? If you have the screen shot, you can then use the paper clip icon to attach it here when you reply.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
how do i take a screen shot of my calendar
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
That is where Secure Remote Assistance is very useful.Anyhow, here is the link:https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361Please attach the screen shot in your reply using the paper clip icon.