James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I am having trouble finding an account that was made about

Customer Question

I am having trouble finding an account that was made about a yr ago when my daughter got me a tablet. She made me a Google account that I only used for my tablet, I had a long standing email account with Juno and did not want to try and change it after 20+ years.
My problem is. I have been unable to use my tablet for about 6months bc it was getting repaired. I do not remember my password. I tried for two hours to take care of this online. I could not find the gmail account that had been used for my tablet. I even tried making a new account using the one on my tablet.
NOTHING. seems to work, so,I would appreciate some help please.
Category: Email
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. Below are two options available for Gmail accounts:Option #1Please go the following link: Click on "I don't know my password."2) Type in the email address and hit "Continue"3) Enter the captcha code and "Continue"4) Next page where it asks you to enter the last password ***** remember, hit "I don't know."5) Next page it may display a secondary email address attached to the account. If you do not recognize the secondary email account, below the "Continue" button in small text click on "Verify your identity" which is in blue text.6) Then it will ask you for an email address they can use to contact you. Type in your email address and "Continue"7) Then continue with the verification questions.Option #2Go to the following link: the instructions under "Contact Customer Support."You will notice the first item is to fill out their online support form. After completing the form they will open a support ticket and you will receive a ticket number which you didn't previously have.Then you can call them using the numbers they provide in the second step.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried the suggestions you gave, yet it just will not work for me. 😛
Unfortunately Google only offers limited ways to contact their customer support. I have provided a link below. What kind of tablet are you using? Nexus? The only other option is to do a factory reset, which will erase any personal information on the tablet and set it back to factory defaults. Resetting: Google Customer Support: