James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I cannot get into my account. How do I retrievemy last

Customer Question

I cannot get into my account. How do I retrieve
my last password?
Category: Email
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Dorothy! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.In order to regain access to your account, you will want to reset your Windows ID password. To do that:Navigate to: the option labeled "I forgot my password"Click next.Enter your email address (*****@******.***) and the verification code you see on-screen.Click next.Select a phone number or alternate email address by which to receive a validation code. (Note: if you don't have these setup or they are no longer accessible, click "I don't have any of these" to validate using an alternative method).Enter the validation code you received (at your phone number or alternate email address) to confirm your identity.Set a new password ***** your account....and that should do it! If you run into any trouble or have additional questions, please let me know so that I can further assist you. I'd also love to hear back from you once your problem has been resolved so that I know you're all fixed up!
It's been a little while since we chatted, so I wanted to check back and make sure you were able to regain access to your Outlook account? Please let me know.