James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

When trying to send mail, I get the message to enter password

Customer Question

when trying to send mail, I get the message to enter password ***** acct. "smtp.gmail.com:jpmarriah", and when I enter my gmail password, I get message that the SMTP server rejected my password. The account info says the smtp server is offline. How can I get it back online?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.
Hi Jeff, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues.Are you using Windows or a Mac?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am using a MAC
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.Are you using the Mail app, the one with the postage stamp on the dock, to send and receive emails?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the confirmation. Can you still access your Gmail on the web browser like Safari?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know how to do that
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch?Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am a senior citizen with limited resources. Can we not fix the problem without remote access?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.
Ok, let me just do the remote session with the very minimal fee for you since this problem is best solved using secure remote access.I will now send you the formal offer, you have the option to accept it to proceed to the remote option.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I accept the $5 additional charge but please try to get this settled expeditiously.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 months ago.
Jeff,I am sorry but you need to accept the offer to do the remote session. I believe there was an error from your end and you need to call your bank to clear that error. After then, you can accept the offer.Jess