Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

If have a live account but forgot my password ***** any attempt

Customer Question

If have a live account but forgot my password ***** any attempt of recovering it have failed, I cannot get into my laptop for the last two months .my laptop runs with Windows 10 and I unlock it with my live account .I went through the prosess they give you,and I give my recovery email that is my work email but I don't receive anything that now is the code they must send me. Can you please help with my predicument
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me Paul the account you are using on the computer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
you still have access to this email [email protected]
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I do, it is my work email, and I access it from my phone
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
can you tell me the full address please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
can you check for an email please with a code?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
please be quick to as they impose a time limit for the code
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is no new emails ,that is the problem I have had sins this started
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, then a typo was made when you entered it in.you have two options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these two options will work, it will just depend on how comfortable you feel doing them. 1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. Choose to remove all your files (you have to) This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again. 2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again. Let me know which choice you will make please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not one ,I want to get another oppinion
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, not really sure what you mean with your response,