Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I just brought home my PC Updated from Windows XP to Windows

Customer Question

I just brought home my PC Updated from Windows XP to Windows 7 operating system. I have 2 Hard Drives the C:\Drive is where my Programs are installed, and my D:\Drive is for all my personal Folders and Files. I moved my email Folder (.pst) to my D:Drive in a folder I created called Outlook, and dropped them in there.
My C:\ Drive was wiped clean as expected, and Windows 7 and all my other Programs were installed to that Drive. I expected that when I turned on my new clean computer and opened Outlook that I would tell Outlook where to find my emails on the D:Drive, but it wanted to download all my emails from the email provider Server to the C:Drive where the Outlook is installed. In Account Settings the C:Drive location is showing as Default so I added my new desired Outlook location on the D:Drive and set it as the Default, but Outlook still is trying every time I open it to download everything to my C:Drive. Can I stop this and make the D:\Drive location Default, and is that OK, or must I delete What has been Downloaded to the C:Drive, and move my Folder (pst.) from the D:\Drive to the C:\Drive.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.
Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.