Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

I just got an iphone 6s yesterday and am already locked out

Customer Question

I just got an iphone 6s yesterday and am already locked out because of the password. How can I bet back in
Category: Email
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Elly! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.Based on your problem description, it sounds as if the password *****'re having trouble with is the PIN code to unlock your iPhone -- is that correct? Assuming I haven't misunderstood, the only method Apple provides to regain access to your iPhone is to reset it to factory condition and perform setup steps again (choosing a new PIN in the process). To do that:Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.If I've misunderstood the problem -- or if you run into difficulties performing the above or otherwise have other questions -- please let me know.
Hi again Elly: It's been a bit since we chatted, so I wanted to check back with you and make sure you were able to regain access to your iPhone. Would you please let me know, when you can? Thanks!