Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Apple Mail program quit working. After lengthy sessions

Customer Question

My Apple Mail program quit working. After lengthy sessions with a tech, the problem was unresolved, and now the program is gone from my computer. Is it possible to download the program anew?
Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Are you referring to the Email program that is DEFAULT email application on a Mac OSX?.What version of OSX are you using?.And....are you like 100% stuck on Apple Mail? There are better more feature rich Email clients that are free.....interested?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I feel that I just spent $43 for nothing. The question I asked was not answered.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It was really a simple yes or no question. I will not recommend this site to my friends.
i had asked what version of OSX you were on......to HELP you......but....its okay. i will OPT-out.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. The short answer is yes, It is entirely possible to restore apple mail back to your mac. The simplest way would be to try an apple software update first. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541 After the updates have installed, check your applications folder.. You should see the mail app.. And you should be able to launch it. It may end up becoming a bit more difficult then that but ideally, that should work. If you would prefer, I can connect to your mac from here and repair the issues on screen, in person. I realize you probably have a bad taste in your mouth with your recent experiences with tech support.. All I can do is assure you that not all techs have the same skillsets and some of us are naturally better at our jobs then others. Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.