GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

Have not got a password ***** Hotmail unable to retrieve it (windows10)

Customer Question

JA: Got it. The Email Technician will be able to help you. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Petronella here sorry some thing just happened and I lost yo. I havea new hard drive put in my laptop same still under warranty had to search for all my pass words but so far I haven't been able to find it my laptop is windows 10
JA: Anything else I can tell the Email Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no that is al I know
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. If you have a new hard drive, it is unlikely that your passwords are stored on it. However, I can provide you instructions for resetting your Hotmail password, and any other passwords you may need help with
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.
Regain access to Microsoft account, Hotmail account, Xbox Live Account, or Outlook.com account.Please go this website: https://account.live.com/password/resetMake the appropriate selection. If you have no idea what your password ***** be, choose I forgot mypassword. If you think you know your password ***** it isn’t allowing you to sign in, choose that one. Clicknext.On the next page enter the email address that you are trying to gain access to. Also enter the“CAPTCHA” that is displayed on the page. Occasionally they can be difficult to read. If this is the case,click on the audio button to have the computer read it aloud to you. After entering it click next. If youhave entered the CAPTCHA incorrectly you will be given the opportunity to try again. When it has beenentered correctly, please click next.On the next page you can choose to have a code sent to the phone associated with your account or tothe recovery email associated with your account. If you no longer have access to the phone or to therecovery email, click on “I don’t have any of these”.This will give you the opportunity to answer a few questions and provide a few details about how youused this email account in the past. You will be asked things like the email address of people that youemailed from the account, the subject of some of the emails that you may have sent, etc. This is toestablish that you are indeed the rightful owner of the account. If you can provide enough details, theywill be able to give you access to the account. Simply follow their instructions and answer the questionsto the best of your abilities. Please let me know if this works for you and let me know if there are any other passwords that you need to reset. If the information that I have provided has helpful, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!