James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I have two networked computers. One is running Outlook 2010

Customer Question

I have two networked computers. One is running Outlook 2010 and the other 2013. All setting are identical and were working side by side in March. One computer was moved to our summer office location (100yds) and is still on the same network and settings (CAT5 cable). Now the Outlook 2010 doesn't work on that computer. I am using a webmail service (not Google) and I have been reading that Google is blocking Outlook in some instances. I have tried setting the "allow more apps" button, but it didn't help. I do not like using Google and all my work is Outlook based at this point. Do you have any thoughts on this problem. I have used Just Answer before and eventually resolved a similar issue, but it is back and I am very frustrated. I am running WIN 7 Pro on desktop PC based computers. It is not my settings (using port 993 and 465) and have IMAP and SMTP for incoming and outgoing. The webmail is Roundcube through Webfaction.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not at the offending computer at this time. A remote assist will not help unless you can tell me first what you are planning to look at. I have been over this ground in detail with another expert from Just Ask and other technicians who were not able to find the problem. It would be worth $45 to get an answer, but I don't want to waste time going over the same settings. Basically, I just want to know if the Google/Outlook thing is the likely issue and will an upgrade fix it.
If it is fixable, then I will fix it with the remote session.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will you be available tomorrow anytime between 9-3 MST?
Hello,Yes, I will be here. When you are ready to continue, please post a message here.Thank you,Jason