James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I cannot send or receive emails. Under Mailboxes is 'inbox'

Customer Question

I cannot send or receive emails. Under Mailboxes is 'inbox' against which is a squiggle. On the top line under mailbox I have clicked on " take all accounts on line" This removes the squiggle. I still cannot receive emails and if I try to send an email it goes to outbox, the squiggle re appears and I receive a message saying username and password ***** accepted. I have changed my password ***** times today once through an internet cafe. I am not sure what the person at the cafe did. I am not very good with computers and do not know who to ask
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please which email program you are using?eg: Outlook 2010? thunderbird? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard