Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

How do I remove the Google Calendar Notifications from my email.

Customer Question

How do I remove the Google Calendar Notifications from my email. Obviously I hit a wrong button somewhere and now I have a mess on my hands.
Category: Email
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Paula! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.Deleting a calendar notification from email *should* be as easy as deleting an ordinary email message. You mention that things look a mess now...can you tell me more about what you're seeing?I look forward to hearing back from you and helping resolve this issue!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon Eric.
The mess is that over 1,000 notifications were transferred to my email and now I can't even find my emails. Thanks for your feedback
Thank you for the additional information. Let's start by telling Google to stop sending you notifications:Open Google Calendar.In the top right, click the Settings icon (gear button) and then click Settings.Select Settings.At the top, click Calendars.Next to your calendar's name, click Edit notifications.Next to each notification, click remove.If you have multiple calendars, repeat these steps for each calendar.That will, at least, stem the tide. Next, we'll want to get rid of the existing notifications that have flooded your inbox. We can use filters do this. In your Inbox, select *any* of your calendar notifications by "checking" the box to the left of the subject, and then click the MORE button. From the menu, select FILTER MESSAGES LIKE THESE.When the filter settings window opens, input***@******.*** in the FROM field, then click the link at the button that says CREATE FILTER WITH THIS SEARCH. On the next page, check the boxes for SKIP THE INBOX (ARCHIVE IT) and DELETE IT, then, at the bottom, check the box for ALSO APPLY FILTER TO ## ***** CONVERSATIONS. Finally, click the blue CREATE FILTER BUTTON.I believe those steps will fix the problem for you, but please let me know if you run into trouble or need further assistance!
Hi Paula! It's been a little while since we chatted, so I wanted to check back with you and see if your problem with calendar notifications in your email has been resolved?