James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My People account/contacts have all disappeared. This is the

Customer Question

My People account/contacts have all disappeared. This is the second time in two weeks. the first time I went from Google chrome to Fox fire as a browser and now my contacts have disappeared again. HELP. I have Windows 10.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Hi Kathy, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about the issues. Are you able to sign in to your Hotmail/Outlook account without any issues?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I can sign in without a problem
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.While you are logged in to your account on Firefox or Chrome, please click on the small "grid icon" at the top left corner of the Hotmail/Outlook page.Then in the content menu that appears, click on People.There you shall see all your contacts.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I click on the People icon it just buffers over and over
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issues.There is no reported technical issues with Hotmail for the past 4 days so I believe the issue is with your web browser. It could have been hijacked by malwares from toolbars or addons that install themselves on your system. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch? I can cleanup your system for malwares and your browsers for a lot of accumulated temporary files that cause the browsers to stop working correctly.Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What is the cost of this service
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Like I mentioned, the secure remote assistance is an additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. In the problem that you described, we need to perform a system cleanup and malware cleanup that will take more or less an hour. The cost for this secure remote connection is $26.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So I currently have paid $37 to have my question answered and now there is an additional $26 charge--do I get any credit for the $37 already paid?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
Sorry for the confusion, this secure remote assistance will be on top of the 37 that you already paid.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No thank you i am confident on the safety of doing this
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry but I don't understand your previous reply. With secure remote assistance, it will be safe as our remote tool is legitimate and you will be watching your screen as I perform the cleanup and fix of your browser issues.I will just send the formal offer now, please accept it if you want to proceed with the secure remote assistance. After accepting you will receive procedures to join me in the remote session.Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I paid $37 to get no answer that worked and cannot see how paying another $26 will help--especially since I do not know this company
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
I am very sorry, I understand your concerns. I have not given you the answer or procedures since I first suggested for remote session since it will be safe and faster for both of us. It is safe because it prevents you from making changes to your computer that further harm your system.But if you want me to just give you the steps, the very first thing that you can do is to Refresh your Firefox browser.Please refresh your Firefox browser, and try to check People again.To refresh your Firefox, follow this:Open FirefoxIn a new blank tab, type this in the URL:about:support Then press EnterIn the page that appears, click on Refresh Firefox... button on a rectangle that is shown at the top right corner of the page.Then follow the on screen procedures.Keep me posted with your results so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.
How is it going? Were you able to refresh your Firefox using the procedures I gave you?