Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I own a Gucci Watch #5400 which my local jeweler told me to

Customer Question

I own a Gucci Watch #5400 which my local jeweler told me to contact you as my watch needs a gasket on the back of the watch so water does not get into the watch. They could not help me with this problem and said to contact your company online. They did install a new battery in the watch.
Can you send me the part or do I have to send you my watch for proper repair?
Shirley Kutevac (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. As I understand the situation, the anti-dampness gasket needs replacing in your Gucci watch, but your local jeweler/watch-repair cannot obtain that as a part. It is an essential component in any watch of any make, so you do need it. I don't know where you are located, so I cannot (as of this writing) tell where to seek it locally. But as for sending your watch off (unless your local jeweler really specified that even with the part they could not do the job) that hopefully won't be necessary. But, did the jeweler specify whether the watch needs a back gasket, a crystal gasket, a bezel gasket, or a crown gasket ? some watches have several gaskets. Another approach: let me know your zip code. Repair for your watch if you sent it to UK might cost 125 pounds, which is a bit much even for a Gucci. Local repair might be better.