James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

My yahoo e-mail account was hasked on March 26. I reported

Customer Question

My yahoo e-mail account was hasked on March 26. I reported it to yahoo but I don't know if the people in my address book are safe. I cannot log in as i can't use my username nor can I even get to where I could change my password.
Martha Reynolds
Category: Email
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Sorry to hear about that Martha. Yahoo does not support their mail server. Your contacts would be safe, the worst case for them is the hacker send them email that lets him into their service. I would make a new email account, probably on gmail and let as many of you contacts know as you can. Does that make sense?