Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

I have been locked out of my email account cause i cant remember

Customer Question

i have been locked out of my email account cause i cant remember specific questions they are asking, i cant remember things i did last month let alone this
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there Christine and welcomeWhen you now try to sign into your account, what is the exact message you are receiving?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that someone has tried to log into my accountalso i have already paid $59 out of my paypal account and now they are asking for more
i am a pensioner and i cant keep paying more
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hotmail want me to answer specific questions which i cannot remember as my memory is not great and because i cannot give them enough info to satisfy their requirements they wont let me back in to***@******.*** and i have all my contacts on this account which i failed to write down
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
if you can help me it would be very much appreciated
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thanks ChristineThere is another hotmail account linked to it, [email protected] you have access to that one?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i dont know of it
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
You set it when you setup this other hotmail account, you sure you cannot remember it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
unfortunately my memory isnt what it use to be
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Ok, Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Microsoft being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account. I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Microsoft states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. " So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Microsoft has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Microsoft, their policies, or the situation itself.Richard
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i know the PASS WORD, its other questions i couldnt answer
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
If you had the correct password, it would let you get into your account
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NO ITS NOT i can give you the pass work if you think it would help you
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
If it is not letting you in with the password, it is seeing it as incorrect, possibly your account got hacked.But regardless, what I have told you stands, you need to make a new account.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i knew all this, so why did i pay $59 if i cannot get back into my old account
i am no better off than when i contacted you
i would like a refund please
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok.. if you new this then, why did you request help if you were aware you could not regain access to your account.anyway, you now have confirmation that it is not possible to access your account as you did not keep your information up to date and you are using an incorrect password. Even though you feel this is not true, it is very easy to see as you cannot sign into your account. If the password ***** correct, then you would be able to sign in.You of course do not have to pay for the service you received and you are welcome to contact customer service on***@******.*** for a refund.All the best