Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.

According to the email I saved in my Yahoo email I received

Customer Question

According to the email I saved in my Yahoo email I received a welcome to Gmail notice on June2, 2014. I did not use it much and asked for a password ***** on 10/7/2014. I may have asked for one earlier. I could not get it to work. I have tried numerous times, but I cannot provide the requested verification. I do not know when I last accessed that account. I imagine that any emails sent to that account were from gmail, yahoo.mail because I listed it as an alternative or were spam. I do not think I created any folder or labels. Would there not be some security personal questions? The phone number associated with the gmail address is my home land line so I cannot receive a text message. I tried to open a new account, but it says my gmail address is in use. My yahoo address is***@******.***. My gmail address is***@******.***. Is there any way to gain access with this address
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Please read through them once before you try so you understand. If you have a landline you should have the option for them to call and give you the code. It is an automated call so make sure you are not missing the drop down menu that offers a phone instead. If that doesn't work follow the instructions below. Go to the following link to begin the recovery. Enter the account you need access to, type the characters in the distorted image, and click the link at the bottom of the following page to verify your identity and access the form. When it gets to the recovery options page click Verify your identity Then you need to answer these questions, When was the last time you were able to sign in to your Google Account? (take your best guess) When did you create your Google Account? (take your best guess try and get at least the year correct) Email addresses of up to five frequently emailed contacts (name as many as you can) Name of up to four labels or folders in your gmail account (name as many as you can) Select up to 4 other Google products you use with this account, and the approximate date you started using them. These could be things like youtube or google plus. What is most important is you do not completely guess. You need to provide as much correct info as you can. So if you do not know something skip it but try not to skip everything or they will not let you in. Take time to fill out each section of the form to the best of your ability. It was designed to ensure that no one can gain access to your account except you. If you cannot remember the exact dates of you started using gmail or the last time you used it take your best guess. Since Google doesn't collect a lot of information about you when you sign up for an account, they will ask you questions like when you created your account, what Google services you use, and who you email frequently. If you fill out the recovery form and aren't successful on the first try, you can try again. Make sure to wait until you receive our reply before you submit another report. Important: Try to provide as much information as possible on each attempt. Each submission is evaluated independently. The questions you think you may not know the answer too should be skipped the next time around as you do not have to answer them all.You may need to go through this a couple of times. Fill in the information the best you can and try not to leave too much blank. The questions they ask to verify your identity are intentionally difficult. Answer as many questions as possible, and make sure your answers are accurate. If you’re unsure about an answer, provide your best guess. If you fail 3 or 4 times in a row you may be shown an option to have a representative call you to help more, this does not always happen but I have seen it happen when helping people in the past. If you still cannot get in after repeated attempts it would be easiest to just create a new gmail account under a different name like mzrosemaryhughes2016 or something like that. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.Thanks,Chris