Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

I inadvertantly deleted an address book from Thunderbird.

Customer Question

I inadvertantly deleted an address book from Thunderbird. Can I recover it??
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.May I ask which version of Windows or Mac OS you are using?I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm using Windows 7 Professional with the Latest Thunderbird
Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
decline
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nothing to add
Okay, thank you. I don't understand how I can analyze your problem without seeing it in action.I have run out of ideas.For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.Thank you for your patience. - Jason
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 8 months ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.There is no native functionality built into Thunderbird which allows for recovery of deleted contacts/address books; however, quite a number of people have had success with an add-in called MoreFunctionsForAddressBook which can be downloaded (for free) here:https://freeshell.de//~kaosmos/morecols-en.htmlI've never used that plugin myself, but once installed you'll be able to invoke the recovery feature as shown in the image I'm sending along.I hope that helps!