GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds

I just changed the password ***** my computer and now I cannot

Customer Question

I just changed the password ***** my computer and now I cannot open my computer. I have written the new password ***** tried several times yesterday to open but it would not...I then tried the old password ***** I no longer works either. I need help to by pass or reset the password ***** I cannot even get into the computer to do this. How do I open the computer?
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Hi Bill. Hi there! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. May I ask what version of Windows you have on your computer? If you're not sure, click the link below and tell me what you find.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think it is windows 7
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you there
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Thank you for that. I apologize for asking you to click the link. I wasn't thinking about the fact that you can't click it if you can't get in to the laptop. Just ot be sure can you look for a Windows sticker somewhere on the laptop that mentions the version?.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am going to have to go get the other computer and have it with me when I try...please do not bill me so far...I will try to collect more info
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry. I have no access to billing information. I am an independent contractor for Just Answer. But don't worry. We guarantee our work 100%. I have uploaded a pdf file with step by step instructions for creating a cd using a another computer to help you reset your password. If it is indeed Windows 7 this should solve your problem. If you find that it is not Windows 7 please let me know and I will send revised instructions for the operating system that you have. If the instructions that I've have provided do help you to solve your problem, kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for Just Answer I do not receive credit for my answer or any compensation at all without a rating of 3 stars or more. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!